Sandon Park has the remains of formal gardens, pleasure grounds and a landscape park. The gardens and pleasure grounds cover around 20 hectares, in a 230 hectare park.
Around 1770 Sandon Hall was rebuilt on a new, hilltop site. The park was laid out between 1778 and 1787 by William Emes, and again around 1800 by John Webb. There was further work in the mid-19th century by Nesfield. The Hall was rebuilt in 1850 by William Burn, after the earlier house was damaged by fire.