Hanley Park and the adjacent Cauldon Grounds are open to the public 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The park is staffed most days from morning until late afternoon, and we welcomed around 922,000 visitors during 2014.
Cauldon Grounds first opened in 1894, and were followed by the larger Hanley Park in 1897. Both were designed by the up-and-coming landscape architect Thomas Mawson, helping to cement his international reputation. Hanley Park’s listed status has recently been upgraded to II* in recognition of its importance.